Thursday, July 12, 2007

Welcome to Beijing!



In Beijing – Finally! Wow – I’m not sure I ever realized how few times I sit in a chair for 12 + hours in one day. Gee, it’s NEVER! That was a long flight. After our initial hick-up in Atlanta nearly 24 hours ago, we made it here only 1 hour later than originally scheduled – not bad. We got through customs just fine and found our guide (with Lotus tours), Lisa, with no problem. The ride from the airport to our hotel was about 1 hour with heavy (like NYC) traffic. I will comment more on the city and sites tomorrow – I’m exhausted. Lauren managed to sleep about 6 hours, Doug about 3 and Sara and I are in last with 1 hour. The girls are already asleep (it’s 6:30 PM here, but feels like we stayed up all night until 6:30 AM). Wait a minute, we did stay up all night! Glad we came a few days before we are getting Ally – I can’t imagine getting off that plane and getting her the same day. That would be too much for a tired body and mind.

I always hated it when a “blogger” that I was following was too tired to post, but now I understand. One other thing about the trip, before I sign off, we saw snow covered (deep) mountains as we flew 100 miles East of the North Pole. It was one of the most amazing things I’ve ever seen. Simply breathtaking. I doubt my picture did it justice. I’ll add more pics tomorrow.

8 comments:

The Millers said...

You made it!! We are so excited but know you are exhausted. Hope you can somehow catch up on some sleep. Do you have lots planned today?

Couldn't wait to get up this morning and look at your blogspot. We will be glued to the computer! Love you!

Melissa

Pixel Fairy Princess said...

You must be exhausted after all that! Enjoy beijing ~ if you can with all the excitement about Ally :D

Donna said...

Thanks for keeping everyone updated even though you all are wiped out. Hope you all feel refreshed soon to go get that baby in your arms.

Moosevine said...

Glad you didn't have to take those later flights! The little side-trip to Canada just adds a little extra adventure and another memory to the journey. ;) Hope you're able to get some rest. Just two more days to Ally!!

sheryl said...

So glad you made it through that endless flight. Enjoy Beijing - we LOVED Beijing (more so than Guangzhou). Just two more days to Ally!!! Still holding my breath until I see her with you. :D

Sheryl

Amy said...

Hey baby sis! Get up and see China - Go shopping and buy me something pretty! You can sleep in a couple of years - after Ally starts sleeping late!

Love ya'll - can't wait to hear more.

Amy

Sprinkles' and Popsicle's Mom said...

CONGRATULATIONS - you're finally there. I bet it feels like a dream, huh? Stacy and I are living for your pictures and updates - keep them coming!!! :)

The Hindsman's said...

I love the picture. What a beautiful sight! Nothing really, compared to sweet Ally face. We were gald to be in China a few days early before getting Sophie too. Get lots of rest! The fun is almost here!!!!!