





Advice from experienced moms who have BTDT is always valuable! I appreciate the suggestions to "get out into the fresh air and sunlight." Once I read the first comment about getting outside, I did a "V-8" and said "Iknew that"! So, this AM once everyone re-woke up, we went to Kohls and Walmart. It was a little rainy, but it felt good to do something. When we came home we brought in the little slide that S and L use to climb onto the trampoline. Ally loved it! She was a little unsure of what to do, but laughed and laughed once she got it! She held onto fingers each time she slid. She also likes to spin in the chair.
Another thing that I finally figured out, is that most likely her fever was due to teething. It's been a long time since I've thought of that as a side-effect of teething. She does grind her teeth and had her fingers in her mouth apparently rubbing her gums. Duh! I'll blame it on sleep deprivation.
We are missing daddy, but look forward to him coming home tomorrow night. I know he must be so tired, but he took the advice of my wise friends and spent lots of time outside (he didn't really have a choice, but oh well!).
Ally and I took good naps today, so hopefully, we'll improve a little tonight. (Which it did. I wrote this yesterday, Saturday, and she slept from 8 PM to 4:30 AM - not all the way through, but no 4 hour play dates at midnight!).
Another thing that I finally figured out, is that most likely her fever was due to teething. It's been a long time since I've thought of that as a side-effect of teething. She does grind her teeth and had her fingers in her mouth apparently rubbing her gums. Duh! I'll blame it on sleep deprivation.
We are missing daddy, but look forward to him coming home tomorrow night. I know he must be so tired, but he took the advice of my wise friends and spent lots of time outside (he didn't really have a choice, but oh well!).
Ally and I took good naps today, so hopefully, we'll improve a little tonight. (Which it did. I wrote this yesterday, Saturday, and she slept from 8 PM to 4:30 AM - not all the way through, but no 4 hour play dates at midnight!).







7 comments:
Tat was the hardest ~ getting everbody turned around ~ back to USA time! Deb M ~ kept telling me get outside and into the hot sun :D It worked :D OMG ~ is she getting two year molars? LiLi teethed for 6 weeks straight when we brough her home. Sounds like you guys are adjust well! That is great :D
I'm so glad to hear that a bit of daylight helped...Keep it up & really, you'll feel like a million bucks! Praying for a nice sunny day for you today. Just imagine how much fun Ally will have with her sisters at a park....I I can just see them fussing over whose turn it is to push Ally's swing!!
Have a great day!
Debbie M.
Wow...Ally's smile is amazing!! She seems to really enjoy her time with the girls! Lucy, with each and every photo you post it seems that Ally is more and more happy. What a blessing it is to see that she is adjusting so well.
I am so glad that you followed the wonderful advise given to you by those that have gone through the same thing...it is amazing how the smell of fresh air and sunlight can perk you right up!
Hope you all have a great day,
Suzanne
XOXOXOXO
Glad you were able to get out and about yesterday. Sounds like last night was an improvement, and I'm praying that each night gets a little better for you all. It's amazing to look at the latest pictures you posted compared with the ones from the first few days after you met Ally...so many more smiles! Keep hanging in there!
Glad to hear you are feeling more rested already! Ally looks so happy in these latest pictures! What a blessing to watch her blossom right in front of your eyes. As always, S & L are amazing with her. They just instinctively know what to do. Hmmm- - I wonder where they get that from? :D
Sheryl
Sounds like you guys are getting into to the groove of things. Love her smile! I can't wait to meet her.
We really missed you on Saturday. The Aunts had Amy's baby shower then everyone came to our house afterwards. CAN'T WAIT to get all the kids together!!!It was great to be able to check your blog. Lucy, it sounds like you are doing a fantastic job with Ally. You are awesome!
Lots of love from Ohio'
The Boswells
Post a Comment