Friday night – We did a vote on our favorites of the day! Here are our results:
Daddy & Mommy – Rickshaw ride
Sara – Lunch with “ordinary people” (pork with onions, pork with garlic, roast and potatoes, peanuts, broccoli, snap peas, cabbage, rice, watermelon, pork dumplings)
Lauren – Pandas
One thing that Lisa mentioned numerous times is Fung Shei (Spelling?). Lots of importance placed on the north, south, east and west. Also, the 5 elements (water, fire, earth, metal, wood) are important. Like I said, I got about 75% of what she said!
So, we are pretty busy and that has helped the days go quickly. It’s almost like we are, at this point, on a vacation as regular tourists. Lauren wore her button with Ally’s picture today and several people asked about her. I don’t know if they understood our answer, but that’s OK. Can’t believe we are 2 days away from Ally – the whole reason we are here!
Sara and Lauren got some Olympic souvenirs tonight. Lauren got a round puzzle (not easy to assemble) and Sara got a set of plush key chains. There are 5 mascots called the “friendlies” for the upcoming 2008 Olympics in Beijing.
Friday, July 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
OMG ~ I love it that you are posting so much :D I glad that the time is passing and before you know it ~ it will be Ally day :D
Post a Comment