Sunday, July 15, 2007

Nap?

We just returned from the adoption office. We paid our money to the orphanage, the notary fee and the director of adoption affairs fee. I think we are almost done with the money aspect of the adoption. It was very warm in the office and we were there for over two hours signing papers and waiting for this and that. We arrived back at the hotel at about 11:00. We have to go back to the adoption office and get some more paperwork and then head to the police station to apply for her passport. Ally was a trooper this morning. The girls watched her while we signed all kinds of things that we had no idea what they were. We also had to put our thumb print by all the places we signed. Ally had to have her right foot stamped on a couple places as well. She was not too fond of that. When we returned to the hotel, Lucy asked me to carry Ally up to the room. I was afraid she would not come to me. I was surprised as she came to me and did not cry the whole way through the lobby, up the elevator and down the hall. Once we got to the rooms we entered through Laurens and Sara’s room and I walked through to our room. Evidently the girls got tied up with the stroller and Ally and I were alone a little too long without seeing the rest of the family. She started to cry and wanted to go to Mommy. Oh well, not a bad start. I am amazed at how she goes to any of us. She is taking a nap right now and it has been cute to hear her finally coo and babble a little. It really has been the first noises she has made other than crying. We are planning to go to lunch with our guide Sally at 1:00. All of the girls are trying to get a nap.

4 comments:

Sprinkles' and Popsicle's Mom said...

So glad to hear you've gotten that process over with - I know you're glad! It sounds like things are going better than expected - God is good! Enjoy your day....

Adopt Gabriel said...

We are so happy that she was able to sleep thru the night. It just gets better from here. Keep the pictures coming, we love them.
The blogs are amazing and Greg says "way to go Doug" on your 'daddy-blogs. You have had us tearing up as well with joy and cannot wait til you all come home and are safe here in Georgia as a new Harkness family of 5. We're off to bed as its 12:40am here and lunch time there. Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a very busy day. Glad you all are trying to rest in the day. Hope your lunch goes well. I can't tell you how much I can't wait to check the computer every other minute to see if you all have written anything else- you all are blessing our life so much to allow us to share in this wonderful time in your lives!!!

Amy said...

Daddy Dougie - you do have a way with the ladies!!By the time we all get to meet her, she will be a happy little girl (except for the never ending plane ride). Sara and Lauren will have her talking by the time ya'll get home.

More pictures, please.
hugs and kisses,
AUNT AMY