Well its 5:00 AM again and I am up, showered, and in the lobby blogging. Lucy and the girls are still asleep at least I hope. Lucy had a rough night. Yesterday when we got back to our rooms, there was a letter from the hotel telling us that from 7AM-9PM tomorrow, which is now today, the power would be off at the hotel. The entire block or grid would not have power. Well I guess at 11:00 PM the power went off and a bright light in each room came on. She kind of panicked and started flipping all the switches. It came back on shortl, but she had flipped all the switches on in the room. After she finally got everything turned back off and settled down, her mind (little SUE, the Simpson Family with get that), started to worry that the hotel was going to catch on fire. So she got up, packed up the passports, the photo album, the camera, etc into one backpack. Meanwhile, I have been asleep and did not know any of this went on. She told me about it at 4:30 before I came down to the lobby. I am hoping that she can sleep. I feel great. I got a full 8 hours of sleep, the only problem being that it was from 7PM-3AM. I don’t know what the deal with 3AM is? It seems that no matter what time I go to bed or whether I get a nap, I have been waking at 2:30-3:00 AM every morning since arrival.
I was able to read Lucy’s post from yesterday this morning but I could not see the pictures. I wish I could see the blog, but from the comments I see that all of you can. I don’t know if we will be able to post at all today with the situation at the Hotel. I am hoping that they gave us a worse case scenario and the power will be back on sooner than expected.
My mind started to wonder this morning about the power outage but in a totally different way than Lucy’s (little Sue). My main concern was “Do you think they will be able to have the Breakfast Buffet?” For those of you who don’t know, Sue is Lucy’s mother and Lucy’s sisters have kind of named Lucy “little Sue.” Sue Simpson, Lucy’s mom is a professional worrier and Lucy is working on her degree as well. This past year for Christmas she got a plaque that hangs in our kitchen that states: “Mirror, Mirror, on the wall I have become my mother after all.”
Seriously say a prayer for us today. This power outage will not be easy to deal with. We are leaving at 9:00 AM to go to the Terracotta Warriors Museum. It is about an hour away and I am certain we will have a lovely Chinese lunch on the way back. I just hope the power will be back on by the time we get return to the hotel.
Monday, July 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







15 comments:
Doug and Lucy,
Please remember to send me anything you need me to blog or put up for you, I'm more than happy to help. Pictures, whatever.
I'm so sorry to hear Lucy had to go thru that. I will send happy thoughts and good vibes for her.
We hope you have a much more pleasant day and will pray for power and a/c for you soon.
Greg and I just sit and talk and read and look at the blog and are in awe and amazement that its finally happening. We can't wait til you bring her home so we can know its real too!!
You are in our daily prayers!! Stay safe! Give Lucy a big hug from Jenn! ;o)
Doug, tell Lucy that I said to calm down like I used to tell her when I gave her a yearbook problem and then her mind would start with an imagination of more problems that didn't exist. She will know what you mean. When I read your blog it sounded so like her to worry but like I always would say "can't help but love her" :)
Hope all have a good day today.
dt
Doug and Lucy, I hope you don't mind that Amy gave me your site. (Doug, I use to work with you in band and Lucy you were at Ft. Daniel to do our yearbook- I now work with Amy at Alcova) I have been asking about your little girl for about a year now. I am thrilled for you that you finally have your daughter that you have waited so long for. She is so cute. Sounds like things are very exciting and the "food" sounds good too! ha ha Take care and I know Amy will have lots of pictures and stories to tell me at pre-planning. Wishing you all the best- ps Doug- Jason was accepted to GA-Tech (can you believe it) he will enter his 3rd year in college this fall at Tech. Have a great time and a save trip home. Diane Faulk
I hope you have a wonderful day at the Terracotta Warriors Museum. You are so lucky to be able to see that!
I would have totally had the same thoughts as Lucy when the power shorted! Glad Lucy was able to relax and get some more rest and I hope your power comes on soon. Power outages seem to be very common in China.
Sheryl
Hi Lucy & Doug & Girls:
Kathy Bemis forwarded me your blog link a few days ago & I have been totally addicted to it ever since. I check it at least twice a day. I was actually crying when I first read all your previous stories & links. It is so wonderful what you all are doing adopting Ally. And what a great journal this will be for all of you to have. I can't believe how detailed you are. I am totally amazed. We wish you all the best & can't wait to see & meet Ally.
Marta, John Chris & Brandon Tokaji
OK Little Sue - take a big, deep breath - you haven't come this far for something to mess it up!! Our prayers are being answered daily and ya'll are being taken care of by a more powerful force than hotel power!!! Hope you got some sleep after the excitement and hope Doug got his breakfast buffet! PRIORITIES!! Have a great day with the girls. Just enjoy them.
Love ya'll, Amy
Doug and Lucy,
When we were in Chongqing, we woke every night when the power would shut off. The whole city would go black and we would have this scared sick feeling. We later found out they did this to conserve some energy during the night. I worried about what we would do if there was a fire. I guess I had the worry bug too. Anyway, we are hoping for a fun day and good food!!! If you can hang on, the food in Guangzhou(?) is really good- especially the breakfast bar. We are thinking about you all every minute and praying!!!
Love to all,
Sharon and Scott
How weird! Doug ~ both Dan and I would wake up at like 3 in the morning when we were there and we thought that it was kinda weird too :D
Hey Lucy ~ Good news from the home front! LiLi had her appointment today and neither doctor thinks that she has Sturge Weber! We are going to continue to watch her for seizures. We did find out that she is nearsighted and need glasses! Just like mom and dad :D
Hug the girls ~ all three of them! We can hardly wait for you guys to get home!
This blog is great! I feel like I'm there! We hope you are having a great time building memories and truly doing something awesome for everyone involved. Doug, I'm sure you and Sara could go for some of those "Baby back, baby back, ribs" right now! I'm sure we can find some for you when you return! We are really excited to see Ally when you get back and look forward to more blogging. Keep it safe! Scott Bemis
We'll pray for a/c and lights for you when you return later. I cannot get over how adorable Ally is & Sara & Lauren are such wonderful big sisters! You have truly been blessed and I'm so thrilled that you were able to listen to your hearts and get your heart baby like we did. They are amazing!
Can't wait to see more pics!
Take care,
Debbie M.
Congrats!!! We are so happy for all of you. I know you have waited so long for this. Ally is adorable! I have really enjoyed reading your blog. It could keep me entertained for hours. I really admire you guys for all that you are doing. I know Sara and Lauren are a big help (I can't believe how big they are) Be safe and enjoy every minute!
Love,
Theresa and Joey Woodall
Hey! Donna, Tara & Leah here with tissues as we read the blog. Ally is so lucky to have y'all and it sounds like she has 3 moms instead of 1 which is so GREAT! She is just ADORABLE!!! Missing you in TX but we're loving the blog! Wishing you safe and happy travels and can't wait to see you all! Love you!
I'm having withdrawals here!!! It's been a long time since updates - guess that means that the power is still off. Hope ya'll had fun today. Your AC guy is at your house right now - so Sara, your room will be nice and cool when you get home. I told him to turn it on high and just let it run til you get home. (Jus kiddin!)
Love ya'll!
hey,
all the ladies at the "pure market" are excited by the pictures you are posting on the blog. we are too busy serving rednecks to read (not certain all the ladies at the "pure market can read)the written text. as a sidebar, since Amy and i have taken over the responsibilities of the Harkness yard, you are now the recepients of "yard of the month".
can't wait until you get home so we can show Ally off at the pure market. enough of this nonsense!!!
ted
Ok- this is my 4th attempt to send this comment- Mama Sue said that Harley can expect a BIG "SHUG UP HARLEY" when she sees him! SOmeone is keeping her posted on what ig going on!
Y'all have fun- can't wait to meet Ally. We are continuing to pray for a safe & happy trip home.
Love you all- Ta & Richard
Post a Comment