

Here is a picture of my favorite flower - a stargazer lily. Obviously, they are beautiful flowers, but it's their fragrance that makes me love them. They were in the bouquet I carried in our wedding and I can recognize their smell instantly! I cut them in our back yard today. I will miss the majority of thier blooms over the next few weeks.
Speaking of the next few weeks, I think we are ready! The Hills came over for dinner tonight - we fried shrimp in our turkey fryer, and it was tasty! Randi is taking us to the airport on Wed AM bright and early! She is so sweet -- she is also picking us up (quite late in the evening) when we return. Here is a pic of Shelbi Grace holding "Snoofie" the cat (Lauren is assisting). She picked out a matching bikini for Ally! Her big sister, Brittani, and Sara and Lauren had a good time in the pool tonight. The water was a little chilly, but they had fun!
I am hoping my mom feels up to coming to the airport when we return. I can't even imagine how tired we will be.
We go for our Hep A Immunoglobulin shots in the AM (after dentist appts). These shots offer instant temporary (a few months) immunity so they are perfect for our situation. Joel told us they were pretty painful. We are choosing to withhold that bit of info from the girls for now!







3 comments:
LOL ~ that is funny! My favorite flower is the stargazer and I carried them in my wedding bouquet!
Wow ~ I am so excitied for you guys! I can't wait for you to get home with Ally :D
I had stargazer lilies in my wedding bouquet too!!! :D
TOMORROW you will be leaving on a jetplane to China. Wow! I am just so excited for your family. Many prayers and good wishes being sent your way.
Big Hugs,
Sheryl
We'll be thinking about you guys. Can't wait to meet Ally!
Post a Comment