.jpg)
Ally didn't quite know what to do with her dinner, as you can see! I think that burger was as big as her head -- everyone but Ally had part of it! She ate some fruit puffs and pasta. It was good to have a little American food after so much Chinese.
Anyway, Sara and I are watching her sleep, while Daddy is getting a shower; Lauren is still asleep - it's nice to have 2 rooms. This hotel is amazing.
We have to go back to the "office" where we got her yest (not at the orphanage) for some more paperwork. We just about paniced yesterday when we were on our way back to the hotel and realized that in the chaos of getting Ally (and her crying), that we left our entire dossier of paperwork at that office. Thankfully, Sally was able to call and they are holding it for us! I couldn't believe it. Thank goodness it was OK.
The family that got their daughter right before us is from Iowa. Their daugther did not cry one bit, she just looked stunned. In fact, she even "chatted" in Chinese to another little girl who was waiting for her new sister. It was cute, because this little girl is Chinese, but only speaks English (adopted 2 years ago). The third family to get their daughter is from California (she said she had read my blog). Their little girl had come in on a 10 hour train ride from her orphanage. She was probably 3 or so (bigger than Ally). She didn't cry either, that we saw. None of the 3 girls is from the same orphanage, but are all in the same province (like a big state), so we are fortunate that Ally's orphanage is here in Xi'an (capital city of Shaanxi Province). I can't imagine a 10 hour train ride; oh wait, yes I can... it might be a lot like a 12 hour plane ride! I would be sad if we could not visit Ally's orphanage, but if it was 10 hours away, it would be out of the question.
Ally did not say anything at all last night. I doubt she knows any English. Her paperwork says she does know quite a few words in Chinese. Says she likes to run and climb. Haven't seen any running, but that will come. She is just so much smaller than I imagined.
She is still sleeping soundly (as is Lauren). We are LOVING the comments. We can't see the actual blog, but the comments come to my email.







8 comments:
She looks so sweet. I have really enjoyed reading the blogs and keeping up with your trip. Everyone looks very happy and I am happy for you.
Debbie Thompson
so you say she's a screamer- that would be a shame if she screamed during family pictures!!! Todd and I are so happy for all of you. She is beautiful and we are thinking of you constantly.
She is beautiful! We are praying for you and watching the blog constantly. Love, Susan
We are so excited for you! It has been wonderful reading all about your experience as it is happening. We loved the pictures of Ally, she's so beautiful and tiny! We just can't wait until she and Emily can play together. Congratulations! We can't wait to see you all! Love, Bill, Melissa, Ryan and Emily
Oh my gosh - went to dinner and were so excited to see the blog when we returned. I may check it in the middle of the night just to keep up with you guys. I told you watching her sleep was amazing - huh? It's so unbelieveable - isn't it. SG is ready for her to come home and put on her matching bathing suit. Since since likes to run and climb - she may be riding Mable sooner than we think.... Love ya - keep the blogs coming...
Loved the picture of the hamburger "as big as her head". Chad couldn't stop laughing at that one. Good old American food!
I put my hands up to the computer as if I could touch her. Can't wait to hold her and our Sarah Beth as well. There is something so sweet about a little one! Give yourselves hugs from all of us. Chad is loving looking at Ally's pictures. He is going to melt when Sarah Beth gets here. Just like in Isaiah 43, "He will bring your daughters from the East." (except you got to go and get her!!)
Mom and Dad just got here and I couldn't wait to show them the pictures. Lots of "oohing and ahhing" on their parts and many congratulations they said!!
Melissa
The joy radiating from all of you is so contagious! I can not stop checking on the blog to see what new experiences you are having.
Ally truly looks at peace with you. She is such a petite flower...a real cutie pie!!!
Please tell Sara and Lauren I said hello. I can not wait to see all of you soon.
Keep the pictures coming,
Suzanne
Had to check-in before heading to bed tonight. I was hoping you guys were up early, posting more details, and I'm not disappointed (although sorry you woke up so early)! Thank you so much for sharing this extraordinary journey with us! Makes me so anxious to meet our daughter!
Post a Comment