After 30 hours of travelling, we made it back to home! Our flight left Guangzhou at approximately 9 AM and flew to Beijing. We had a layover there and left for Newark around 4:00. That was the LONG flight, but thanks to some fortunate seats (bulk head) we had lots of floor space and they bolted a basinette to the wall in front of us and Ally slept about 9 of the 12 hours! She was great. I didn't sleep too much because I was worried she would fall out, because she barely fit in there! Sara slept about 5 hours (good for her) and Lauren slept about 7. Daddy slept on and off for maybe 7. So we are trying to get back to our new "normal"! We aren't sure what that means yet.
When we arrived in Atl (after a little bit of a fussy trip from Newark), we were greeted by my mom, sister, neice, friends (Hills and Troys)! It was so nice to see everyone - we made quite a scene in the baggage claim area, but it sure was fun!
I'll post more on our new family at home in the next day or so! Pretty tired and need to sleep when they sleep! Daddy left for band camp this afternoon, so he was pretty bummed to leave!
Thursday, July 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







5 comments:
Lucy,thanks for the update. I was wondering about you and I thought of you while you were traveling. I don't see how Doug can go to band camp without a couple of days to rest. Oh wait a minute he slept every night while you took care of getting everything together in case the hotel catches fire. ha Hope you get some rest and most of all get back to GA time.
Debbie T
Glad you made it home safe and sound :D OMG ~ I forgot that Doug had to head off to band camp right away! Poor guy :-( Hope Ally is adjusting well and can't wait to see you guys!
So happy you guys made it home safe and sound. I hope to meet Ally soon!
Welcome home Lucy! I've enjoyed following your trip & can't wait to hear more about Ally!!
Debbie M.
Glad you all got home safely and without too much fussiness. China to the U.S. is a long trip for an adult, let alone a 2 yr old! Hope you're able to catch up on your sleep and get into a groove...just in time to start a new one when school starts. ;) Also hope Doug is surviving band camp, but hey, after the China trip, camp should be a piece of cake! Hope to see you guys at First Friday if Miss Ally is ready to meet her adoring public. :)
Post a Comment